Brian P. McCafferty, Esq.
Serving Clients Nationwide
Brian P. McCafferty has more than 15 years of experience handling complex commercial litigation, class action litigation, and employment claims. He represents clients nationwide, specializing in False Claims Act litigation, class action and employment litigation, and tax fraud claims.
Mr. McCafferty served as co-counsel in the Oil Royalties False Claims Act litigation, which recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for the federal government from most of the major oil companies. He has also handled many False Claims Act cases involving defense contractor fraud and Medicare fraud.
Before founding Kenney & McCafferty and acting as its Managing Partner, Mr. McCafferty was the Managing Partner of the Philadelphia Office of Texas-based class action firm Provost Umphrey, LLP.
Mr. McCafferty graduated from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1992. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Notre Dame in 1989, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Government and International Studies.
Mr. McCafferty is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia jurisdictions; he is also admitted to practice in the following federal courts:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Fifth and D.C. Circuits
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for District of the District of Columbia
Mr. McCafferty also served as a Legal Assistant to the Honorable James Gardner Colins, formerly the President Judge of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
If you have knowledge of a fraud or false claim against the government, please contact our qui tam lawyers today. Kenney & McCafferty attorneys will consult with you about your case, without obligation. All communications with Kenney & McCafferty attorneys during these consultation services are confidential and protected by the attorney-client privilege.